A very rough outline for the development of new features.
- The first public release.
- Quotes in Tags "" so you can have 2 words eg. "This tag". (Status : Pending)
- TinyMCE compressor or possibly a new rich text editor. (Status : Complete! CKEditor.)
- A Cron implementation for automating tasks. (Status : Pending)
- Bring total amount of themes to 20+. (Status : Complete! 20+ Themes and counting on getpixie.co.uk)
- Subscribe to RSS of a certain user in multi user blogs (e.g. I want to see all Scott's posts). (Status : Pending)
- Table prefix during install to allow more than one site per database. (Status : Complete!)
- More languages by integrating Google AJAX Language API. (Status : Pending (More languages have been added.))
- More install options with new modules (specifically for business sites/users). (Status : Pending)
- Upload functionality to be given in/around TinyMce. (Status : Complete! CKEditor has this ability.)
- Upgraded page carousel menu. (Status : Pending - HIGH PRIORITY)
- Site search module/plugin. (Status : Pending - HIGH PRIORITY)
- Blocks to be improved with new admin section and database. (Status : Pending)
- Improve date and time picker (and code for dates, timezones etc). (Status : In progress (Needs to be coupled with language choice to auto detect timezone.)
- Import from Textpattern, Wordpress, Moveabletype, blogger. (http://oauth.net/) (Status : Pending)
- New interface design. (Status : Unknown)
- New "default" theme. (Status : Unknown)
- Optional template files for your themes. (Status : Complete!)
- Multi-levels of http://www.bernardopadua.com/nestedSortables/test/nested_sortable/. (Status : Unknown - Potentially breaks any future touch screen support.)
- Introduce pre-release security testing of Pixie using skipfish (Status : Pending)
- Prefix all of Pixie's variables with pixie_ and set extract to use prefix pixie. Requiring all variables to be prefixed pixie it will then become a requirement for all Pixie code. This will ensure safer code but also grow the code base considerably. (Status : Pending)
- Page caching. (Status : Pending)
- Blog via email. (Status : Pending - Requires a Pixie RESTful API)
- Improvements to permissions and users. (Status : Pending)
- Complete code re-write, considering using the Simple PHP Framework.
- Admin modules to public module layout.
- Control more than one Pixie? secure remote database control: XML RPC? SOAP?
- Weblog pinger & Trackbacks.